Killer B Air Oil Separator w/ Plumbing - Subaru STI VA
Fits 2008+ Subaru STI / 2008-2014 WRX
The goal of this product is simple. To function as its Air/Oil Separator description implies: the removal of oil, in liquid or vapor form, from the vented crankcase gasses. Simple in premise, but function wise there’s a bit more to it. Varying oil droplet sizes, with differing pressure and velocity conditions. Different engines with varying venting characteristics or a street car vs a track or performance elevated engine.
The Killer B Motorsport Air/Oil Separator functions with a vacuum source only, the turbo inlet. This provides the vacuum source for the crankcase. It is in no way effected by the turbo size, in fact a larger turbo that draws more air will improved separator function, compensating for increased venting requirements seen at improved performance levels.
- Accelerated flow of blow-by gasses forces suspended oil droplets out of suspension. Centrifugal filtration is a proven process for separation of many particle types and sizes. The application in automotive applications has mostly been in use with high dollar sports cars and racecars.
- Collected oil drains back into the crankcase where it belongs.
- Applies vacuum to the crankcase improving ring seal, reducing oil consumption and improving power potential.
- No media to clean/replaces or baffles to inhibit crankcase flow
- Made of billet and TIG welded 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Killer B Motorsport push-lock barb fittings require no hose clamps