IAG Performance Chromoly Transfer Fears 1.1:1 Transmission - STI 06+
The IAG Chromoly Transfer Gear Set is specifically engineered to strengthen the weak points in the STI 6 speed transmission. When a powerful STI launches aggressively at the track the output shaft progressively twists and weakens. After multiple launches, the output shaft breaks where the driveshaft yoke connects.
IAG's upgraded transfer gear set is capable of handling these immense loads by improving the gear material and redesigning the parts at the weakest points. The gears are manufactured from Chromoly which is known for its improved hardness and strength. The output shaft diameter was increased and the splines were enlarged and lengthened then matched to an upgraded Spicer yoke designed to mate to an aftermarket performance driveshaft. The IAG transfer gears were tested on Subaru drag vehicles producing 1200 WHP/800 WTQ at 3000+ LBS.
This transfer gear set is a 1.1:1 For the 2006-20 Subaru STI 6 speed.
- Driveshaft Shop Driveshaft or ACPT Driveshaft
Gear Set Includes:
- Chromoly Driven Gear
- Chromoly Output Shaft
- Upgraded Spicer Yoke
- Heavy-Duty U-Joint
- U-Joint Outside Snap Rings
- Gear Sets are specific to transmission applications please choose accordingly.
- *Please note that you may experience some drivetrain "whine" with these gears installed. This noise is completely normal. The noise is due to the "dog style" engagement of the teeth between gears
- The universal joint and transfer yoke should be checked regularly for signs of wear in vehicles used for competition. These parts are consumable and available separately (PN# IAG-RPL-1000).