Grimmspeed 3-Port Electronic Boost Control Solenoid - Subaru STI VA
Fits 2008+ Subaru STI
GrimmSpeed introduces the most complete and easy to use 3-Port Electronic Boost Solenoid available on the Subaru market. This solenoid allows you to tune your OEM boost levels in a quick and efficient manner through your factory ECU. The stock boost control solenoid works fine at stock boost levels, but at elevated boost pressures will become extremely unstable and unpredictable, causing a potentially unsafe boost curve. The GrimmSpeed solenoid is designed to withstand unprecedented boost levels up to 120psi (far more than any Subaru could EVER handle)! The GrimmSpeed 3-Port solenoid is guaranteed to spool your turbo faster and maintain rock solid boost control.
Why should you run a 3-Port Solenoid over a traditional manual boost controller? A MBC does a good job with basic boost control, however it will always attempt to give you full boost at all points in the RPM range. For instance, let’s say you set your MBC to a peak boost of 18psi. The boost controller will try to hit 18psi whether you are at 2500rpm or 7000rpm. If 18psi causes detonation at 7000rpm, you are forced to lower your boost level throughout the entire RPM range which will actually reduce power in the mid range. With the GrimmSpeed 3-Port boost control solenoid, you can tune a custom boost curve through the ECU, allowing you to run the max safe boost at any point in the rev range.
Product Features & Notes:
- Get into boost faster: flows 10% faster than the competition
- Plug and play for OEM harness: No cutting or splicing!
- Model specific bracket for clean install: No more zip ties!
- Works safely with the Subaru ECU
- Nickel plated fittings
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a boost control solenoid, not a boost controller. Custom tuning is required!
- PLEASE NOTE: part numbers are model and year specific, please choose the correct product for your car when ordering.